B12 Vitamin Overdose

Is one of the biggest vitamin myths in existence

B12 Vitamin overdose, is it a myth or a real possibility?

For starters, most of the horror stories about vitamin overdoses have been done without any real or relevant research or facts.

These include the basic understanding of the difference between a water-soluble vitamin and a fat soluble vitamin.

WHY A B12 VITAMIN OVERDOSE IS IMPOSSIBLE

Overdose of this vitamin is virtually impossible, as it is a water soluble vitamin.

So what makes a water-soluble vitamin so much different than a fat-soluble vitamin?

B12 Vitamin overdose is a myth simply because as a water soluble vitamin it is dissolved in water and transmitted through our bodies, and than eliminated through our urine.

As a result, we need constant supply of them in our bodies.

Fat soluble vitamins, on the other hand, are absorbed in our bodies and are stored in fat, thus the term fat-soluble vitamins.

Excesses of fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the liver, and there are potential issues with these vitamins that include Vitamins A, D, E and K, if taken in excess.

All of the B classes of Vitamins as well as vitamin C are water-soluble, making b12 vitamin overdose as well as overdose of any of the water-soluble vitamins virtually impossible.

According to the Linus Pauling Institute, there are absolutely no toxic or adverse effects that are known to have ever been associated with large intakes of vitamin b12, let alone any kind of regular type of intake.

B12 Vitamin overdose again most likely has been conjured up by some reporter that has very little knowledge of how vitamins actually work.

Doses as high as 1 mg or 1000 mcg taken orally have been successfully used to treat pernicious anemia.

This is a form of megaloblastic anemia because of a Vitamin 12 deficiency that is caused by impaired absorption of the vitamin.

B12 vitamin overdose again is so highly improbable because even when high doses of the vitamin are taken orally, as only a small percentage can be absorbed by the human body.

In fact, because of the low toxicity, there was no tolerable upper intake even set by the Food and Nutrition Board when the RDA was revised in 1998.

A high quality liquid vitamin or mineral supplement is by far the best for the all around supplementation process because it will deliver nutrients in the right balance.

The key to the proper supplementation of any vitamin is how it is delivered, and than how well it is absorbed.

Liquid vitamins absorb at about a 90% ratio as compared to 20% to 30% of a pill or caplet.

Before combining any supplements, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.

Simply stick to a high quality multi liquid vitamin that has the most of what you need and simply add the additional nutrients you seek for your specific needs.

AGING IMPAIRS ABSORPTION

Vitamin overdoseEven at dangerous levels very little is actually absorbed

As all of our body’s age, they become less efficient at absorbing some of the nutrients from our diet.

This makes it important to ensure that the right quantities of relevant vitamins and minerals are consumed.

Here is some other of the symptoms and some of the myths that surround a few other vitamin overdose myths.

Since thiamin is a water-soluble vitamin, and as such, excess amounts will be excreted in the form of urine, just like in B12 vitamin overdose, this is also a myth.

There again are no known toxic or adverse effects other than high doses of riboflavin therapy that has at times shown to intensify urine to a bright yellow color.

However his is a harmless side effect to any B1 vitamin overdose.

Vitamin B3 (Niacin) has no known effects from foods or normal supplements, but there is some adverse effects with pharmacological preparations of niacin.

Nicotinic acid can produce flushing, itching, and in some cases even cause gastrointestinal disturbances such as nausea and vomiting.

Nicotinamide has also in some cases resulted in decreased insulin sensitivity in adults with high risk of insulin-dependent diabetes.

Summary

Nicotinamide is considered better tolerated than nicotinic acid as it generally does not cause flushing.

There are several very good brands of liquid vitamins and liquid supplements available in today's markets that can help you in the selection process.

They deliver recommended requirements and they are a lot easier to take.


Nutiva - Up To 45% Off

Sources of Help With The Myths of B12 Vitamin Overdose

Health Affiliate Store

Vitamin Myths